Repainted Liberty Cruiser for Star Wars Armada
I bought this miniature to replace a Liberty that I’d previously sold. I wanted to use it as an opportunity to do a bunch of things.
- Firstly, I wanted to improve on the weathering that I did previously on the Providence carrier. I felt that there was a “gap” to fill – the hull had lots of battle damage applied over a clean looking hull. Here I wanted to dirty up the hull before adding battle damage.
- I wanted to experiment with some bigger areas of battle damage.
- Lastly, I wanted to try out using pigment paints.
Dirtying the Hull
The hull was stippled with a big round dry-brush, and then dry-brushed from front to back with highlight colours. Instead of trying to get an even looking hull, I made a kind of pattern of light patches an dark patches with the stippling, and also applied a number of different blue washes to various areas.
Using Black / Grey Pigment Powders
I made my own pigment powder from chalk pastels, and applied it generously where you see the big black patches. I’m pretty pleased with the results.